Monday, November 30, 2009

Another Long Pause Between Entries :)

It has been a while! I have told myself time and time again to make blogging more of a habit - something that must be done frequently in order to be come part of my routine :) I'm working on it...

My priority lies upon being Asha's mum, the most important job of all! She has just turned 1 earlier in the month (Nov 2nd) - WOW how the year has flown by! And not that it hasn't been uneventful, never a dull moment with my precious angel.

Some other things I am working on mastering are setting my goals, really determining my "why" and making every moment count. Some mornings I awake and do not want to wake (tired!) - however I quickly remind myself how blessed I am to be where I am and in the company I am in (Troy & Asha). Even after a long night nursing my daughter or comforting her with that new tooth coming in, I put that all behind me and move forward - another day, another opportunity to be happy and spread happy-ness :) After all, my daughter is one happy child and has no time in her busy little day for clouds...

I am not sure how much sense this blog post really makes, however, I am feeling very contemplative at the moment. Life is what I decide to make of it, so I decide to make it FANTASTIC!

Attached below are some pictures of Miss Asha at her birthday party down by the river, such a fun day with family and friends (not including Canadian family, there in spirit!)


Here is a picture of my attempt at a 1st Birthday cake - not so pretty, but actually quite nice on the palate :) I made a vegan cake with beetroot icing for Asha, yummy and moist!! And a very naughty chocolate cake with a choc-coffee icing, PURE SIN!!!

Anyways, life is GOOD, life is GREAT! I am ever thankful for all of the many blessings in my life and everyday as I send out happiness and positive vibes - I feel the wave of joy returning back! I am trying hard to not use the words "I", "mine", "me", etc. as I (oops!) am reading Eckhart Tolle's "New Earth" and working on defeating the ego that is inside - I know awareness is the first step and I am AWARE!!



How precious is that little face? I am sure all Mum's will say the exact thing! I am so proud to be Asha's mama :)

No comments: